New and Returning Students Housing Application
SPRING SEMESTER, 2024
HOUSING APPLICATION PROCESS STARTS NOVEMBER 7th, 2023
If you took online courses for Fall 2023, you are considered a returning student, whether you lived on campus or not.
HOW TO APPLY FOR HOUSING:
Please follow the steps below in order to apply for Spring 2024 housing. You must be accepted to the University by the Admissions Office in order to apply for housing and have an activated kufunemail account.
1. MUST BE REGISTERED FOR SPRING 2024 CLASSES Spring Pre-Registration Dates: Oct. 25 – Nov. 22
2. PAY HOUSING DEPOSIT BY November 3rd TO RECEIVE APPLICATION ON OPENING DAY
All traditional halls including kufunDowntown: $200.
Univ. Courtyard: $400 (must have 27 credit hours at time of housing assignment)
Univ. Village: $400 (must have 27 credit hours at time of housing assignment)
If you have an old deposit on file. Meaning anything before Spring 24’. You’ll need to email us at housing [at] desu.edu before Nov. 6th to request an application for Spring 24’ opening day Nov 7th.
- Click to pay housing deposit
- Log in as Student w/ pin or as Guest
- Choose “Spring 2024”
3. RECEIVE “WELCOME” EMAIL WITH HOUSING APPLICATION LINK
After following the above instructions, Housing will send an email with the link to the online application to your kufunemail account starting Nov. 7th.
Although we make every attempt to honor your housing request, please remember that choice of residence, room style availability and roommate requests are not guaranteed. Applications are processed on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. This process is based on application submittals dates, not deposit dates.
4. CHOOSE A MEAL PLAN
Meal plans run from Sunday-Saturday (7 days). Monday-Friday: breakfast, lunch and dinner; Saturday-Sunday: brunch (breakfast and lunch combined) and dinner.
- 19 Meal ($200 Flex) –This plan offers 19 meals throughout a 7-day period (Sunday-Saturday), which means a student can eat any combination of breakfast, lunch or dinner which totals up to 19 meals during this period.
- 200 Block ($225 Flex) – You have a total of 200 meal swipes to use throughout the semester.
- 125 Block ($150 Flex) – You have a total of 125 meal swipes to use throughout the semester.
Meal plans are mandatory for all students residing in residence halls with the exception of Univ. Courtyard.
Flex Dollars: All meal plans come with flex dollars which allows a student to swipe their kufunID card to eat in areas other than the cafeteria. This includes Dunkin’ Donuts in Tubman Laws; Chick-Fil-A and Subway in the MLK Student Center. You may at any time add more funds to a student’s flex account by contacting Student Accounts.
Please click on link for more information:
5. HOUSING ASSIGNMENT INFORMATION
Any housing information will be sent to the applicant’s kufunemail account. Assignment information will include your resident hall, room number, roommate’s name and email address, and general information concerning the check-in process
6. OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- All students must have their completed Health Form submitted to the Office of Student Health Center.
*There is a 2-step process to completing the Health Forms*
- Complete on-line forms electronically through the Student Health Portal AND mail completed Health Form to the Campus Health Center. This must be done in order to complete the registration process, receive clearance to move into campus housing, and receive health care services.
- Students must sign up for a laundry voucher through Student Accounts – please visit link below for more information: