Types and Sources
There are a variety of sources and types of financial aid available to assist students with their educational expenses. Eligibility for the different types of financial aid may be based on financial need,╠řfield of study, and/or academics.
To apply for financial aid offered╠řby our office, every year students must file the╠řFree Application for Federal Student Aid╠ř(FAFSA)╠řas soon as possible after╠řOctober 1╠řfor the upcoming academic year.╠řThe 2022-2023╠řFAFSA filing deadline for priority consideration was December 1, 2021.
- Federal╠ř(assistance provided through the U.S. Department of Education)
- State╠ř(assistance provided through the student’s state of residence)
- Institutional╠ř(assistance provided through Delaware State University)
- Private╠ř(assistance provided through private agencies)
- Scholarships and Awards╠ř(financial aid that does not require repayment)
- Grants╠ř(financial aid that does not require repayment)
- Loans╠ř(financial aid that must be repaid, usually with interest)
- Employment╠ř(Work-Study and part-time hourly)