Academic schoolĖũYear 2023Ėũ- 24ĖũScholarship
Application period : January 9, 2023ĖũĖũto April 30, 2023
Delaware State University Foundation scholarships have been made possible by a generous commitment from donors. The Delaware State UniversityĖũFoundation supports students who have demonstrated a commitment to completing their education and have met various criteria as specified by our donors and scholarship awarding committee.
Returning / current kufunstudents and transfer students who wish to be considered for a Delaware StateĖũUniversity Privately Funded Scholarship should review the information below.
- PLEASE READ:Ėũ Applying for a scholarship does not mean you will automatically be awarded a scholarship but your application will be reviewed for consideration by the scholarship committee.Ėũ
- You must be enrolled to apply.
- You can applyĖũonline at beginning January 9, 2023. Applications can be completed at:Ėũ
- If you have a problem with completing the application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.ĖũInclude your name, D100# and kufunstudent email address.
- Please list your Delaware State University email on your application. Notification of award status will be sent via email to your kufunstudent email account by June 30, 2023.
Scholarships will beĖũĖũawarded as follow (see below):
- Availability of ScholarshipĖũFunds
- The Donor’s guidelines
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 1 semester at kufunto be considered for a returning student scholarship.
- Must haveĖũa FAFSA Application on file.
- Must have a 2.5 minimum cumulative GPA., unless stated otherwise.
- Must be a full-time student at DSU, unless stated otherwise
- Scholarships are disbursed evenly between the Fall and Spring semester of each academic year.
- Scholarships may only be used to cover direct educational expenses billed by the University (tuition, fees, housing, meal plans, and book vouchers).
- All scholarships funds that exceed direct educational expenses will be reduced and refunded to the donor.
- Students who are awarded a scholarship, must send a thank you letter to the Division of Institutional AdvancementĖũvia email at dsufoundation [at] desu.edu.
Alumni Legacy Scholarship
For the Alumni Legacy Scholarship, additional information is required:
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- One letter of recommendation should be from an alumna/alumnus of Delaware State University.
- Letters of recommendation should be submitted no later than March 1, 2023Ėũto:
The Alumni Legacy Scholarship Committee
Delaware State University
2nd Floor Administration Building
1200 North DuPont Highway
Dover, DE, 19901
or via email to: dsufoundation [at] desu.edu.
Applicants must be the alumni legacy. You must have a parent or grandparent who is anĖũalum of kufunto be eligible for this scholarship.
A 250-word essay is required that describes what receiving Alumni Legacy Scholarship support means to you and why you are requesting such support. Each applicant must include in their essay the name of the parent or grandparent who is an Alum of DSU. Applications will not be considered if this information is not included.
Also explain why you should be selected for a scholarship.
If you have a particular financial need, include a paragraph about this topic
Osher Reentry and Crankstart Reentry Scholarships offer tuition assistance to non-traditional students enrolled at DSU. Non-traditional students are students who:
- Nontraditional typically defines a student, minimum age 25, who is beginning or resuming his/her college education.
- Have experienced a gap in their education of at least five years since completing high school
- ĖũAre starting or resuming studies toward their first baccalaureate (bachelorâs) degree
- Demonstrate financial need
- Enrollment is a pre-condition of receiving an award.
Please visit Osher/Crankstart Reentry ScholarshipsĖũfor additional information on eligibility
List of Scholarships - Students only need to fill out one application.
Special thanks to all of our donors for making these scholarships possible.
- Accounting & Finance ScholarshipĖũ
- African School Society Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- AgFirst Farm Credit Bank Scholarship
- Agriculture DuPont Grant ScholarshipĖũ
- Airway Science DRBA Retention ScholarshipĖũ
- AKA General Scholarship - Zeta Omega, Epsilon Iota Omega, Sigma Zeta OmegaĖũ Chapters
- Alumni Legacy Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Alumni Scholarship CampaignĖũ
- Amos, Kent & Carmen Endowed Scholarship
- Anheuser Busch âBudweiser First Generationâ Scholarship
- Archie L. Bailey Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Arsht Cannon Fund Scholarships
- Art Department ScholarshipsĖũ
- Arthur Bragg Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Arts Center Gallery Scholarship FundĖũ
- AstraZeneca Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Athletics Boosters Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Athletics Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Atkins, Charles W. ScholarshipĖũ
- Band ScholarshipĖũ
- Bank of America Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Barbara W. Dorsey Endowed Scholarship
- Basketball Scholarship Fund
- Bell Atlantic Endowed Scholarship FundĖũ
- Beneficial Bank Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Bennie & Shirley Smith Endowed Scholarship
- Bernard S. Dorsey Endowed Scholarship
- Bernie L. Wilkins Scholarship
- Breonna Taylor Memorial Scholarship
- Brown Girls Endowed Scholarship
- Canaan Baptist Church Scholarship
- Carolyn Golden HebsgaardĖũEndowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Cathleen Trigg-Jones Scholarship
- Charles C. and Virginia L. Carson Endowed Scholarship
- Chemistry ScholarshipsĖũ
- Class of 1947 Scholarship
- Class of 1948/1949 ScholarshipĖũ
- Class of 1952 Scholarship
- Class of 1957 Scholarship
- Class of 1961 Culture of Giving Fund
- Class of 1962 Scholarship
- Class of 1964 Scholarship
- Class of 1965 Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Class of 1967 Scholarship
- Class of 1969 Scholarship
- Class of 1970 Scholarship
- Class of 1972 Scholarship
- Class of 1973 Scholarship
- Class of 1975 Scholarship
- Class of 1977 Scholarship
- Class of 1978 Scholarship
- Class of 1981 Scholarship
- Class of 1987 Scholarship
- Class of 1992 Scholarship
- Class of 1997 Scholarship
- Class of 2002 Scholarship
- Class of 2007 Book Scholarship
- Class of 2007 Scholarship
- Class of 2008 Scholarship
- Class of 2011 Scholarship
- Class of 2012 Book Scholarship
- Class of 2013 Book Scholarship
- Cohn Family Named ScholarshipĖũ
- College of Agriculture and Related Sciences Scholarships
- College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences ScholarshipĖũĖũ
- Comprehensive Learning Center ScholarshipĖũ
- Catherine N. CookĖũ ScholarshipĖũ
- Crankstart Re-entry Scholarship
- Daniel T. Covington Scholarship Fund
- Mabel Dawson Nursing ScholarshipsĖũ
- DC.MD.VA Alumni Facebook Group Book Scholarship
- DE State Lab. H.S. Book Fund - Class ofĖũ â47 Endowed ScholarshipĖũĖũ
- Dean’s Scholarships - College of Business
- Charles Debnam Grad. Scholarship in Social WorkĖũ
- Vermell Delauder ScholarshipĖũ
- William B. DeLauder Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Delaware BioScience Endowed Scholarship
- Delaware State Grange - Agriculture Scholarship
- Delaware State University Trustee Scholarship Program
- Delmarva Power Endowed Scholarship FundĖũĖũ
- Delta Sigma Theta Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Dennis J. Savage Memorial Scholarship
- DepartmentĖũ of Biology Scholarship
- Department of Education ScholarshipsĖũ
- Department of Management Scholarship
- Department of Physics ScholarshipĖũ
- Dr. Norman Dill Memorial Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Francis A. DiMondi, Sr. Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Donald Wright Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Dr. Berlin & Dr. Reba R. Hollingsworth Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Clorice Thomas-Haysbert Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Daniel E. Coons Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Derrick E. Nelson Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Donald A. & Delores F.Ėũ Blakey Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Dr. Donald T. L. Byrd Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Fatma Helmy Memorial Endowed Book Scholarship
- Dr. H.S. DhillonĖũHonors Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Dr. Jose and Zona Saez Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Jose E. Valentini Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. K. Bernard Chase and Audrey Skrine Chase Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Kenneth Bell Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Norman Dill Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Rahmanda Salamatu Campbell dba The Reading Clinic Scholarship
- Drew Book Scholarship
- DSC Legends Athletics Endowed Scholarship
- kufunMen’s Basketball Alumni Organization Endowed Scholarship
- DSUAA DC Chapter (Alice S. Coverdale Scholarship)Ėũ
- DSUAA Delaware Valley Chapter ScholarshipĖũ
- DSUAA Metropolitan New York Chapter (Lambe/Singler Scholarship)ĖũĖũ
- DSUAA New Castle County Scholarship FundĖũ
- DSUAA Philadelphia Chapter Scholarship
- DSUAA-Kent County Chapter ScholarshipsĖũ
- Dupont Institute Education
- DuPont Scholarship - STEM
- ECHS Scholarship Fund
- Edward T. Crawford Endowed Scholarship
- Edwin M.Ėũ Burke Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Elbert N. Carvel ScholarshipĖũ
- English Dept. ScholarshipsĖũ
- Ernest Talbert, Sr. Endowed Scholarship
- Walter Evans Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Fatima Edwards Book Scholarship
- First State Constitutional Scholarship
- Football Scholarship Fund
- Frank and Linda Chick Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Frederick J. Franklin Memorial Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Fred McKenzie Scholarship
- Frederick and Chestene Coverdale Memorial Scholarship
- Friends Forever, LLC Scholarship Award
- Generation III Scholarship FundĖũ
- George Washington Scholarship
- George Floyd Memorial Scholarship
- William A. Gibbs Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Gilbert H.âSlewâJackson, Jr. & Ruth T. Jackson Athletic End
- Harry Godt, Jr. Nursing Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Gospel Choir Scholarship FundĖũ
- William Granville, Jr. ScholarshipĖũ
- Barbara Guliani Scholarship for Non-traditional StudentsĖũ
- Groove Phi Groove Social Fellowship Inc., Foundation Scholarship
- Gwendolyn Braxton Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- H & B Services Scholarship
- Hach Scientific Foundation ScholarshipĖũ
- Hortense M. Priest Memorial Scholarship
- Major Hairston Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Halvin T. and Pauline E. Blocksom Endowed Scholarship
- Harriet R. Williams Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Harrison H. Short and Aleatha H. Short Scholarship
- Health & Human Performance ScholarshipĖũ
- HER Scholarship - Speer TrustĖũ
- Hercules Endowed Scholarship FundĖũ
- Historic Preservation Scholarship FundĖũ
- History, Political Science & Philosophy Scholarship FundĖũ
- Holland, Wilmer, Lofland Endowed Scholarship
- Horace Foundation Endowed Criminal Justice Scholarship
- Hospitality & Tourism Management Endowed Scholarship
- Hunter Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- I.G. Burton & Co. Endowed Scholarship
- Inez O. Means Endowed Scholarship
- International China Fund Scholarship
- J.P. Morgan Delaware ScholarshipĖũ
- James Frank and Mary J. Marshall Endowed Scholarship
- James Scott King Scholarship
- Jane Waters Bickham Endowed Scholarship
- Jason, William C. ScholarshipĖũ
- Jethro Williams Memorial Scholarship
- Joel & Arlene Coppadge Endowed Scholarship
- John A. Bernard Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- John and Sherri Ridgeway Endowed Scholarship
- John Taylor Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Journalism ScholarshipĖũ
- Justin Hackley Memorial Fund
- Kailyn Lowry Scholarship
- Kappa Convergence
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Endowed Scholarship
- James Scott King Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Kutz, Milton & Hattie Foundation ScholarshipĖũ
- Law Studies Program Award
- Lois R. Billings Memorial Scholarship EndowmentĖũ
- Longhorn Rose Ranch Hunt Club ScholarshipĖũ
- Love Jones General Scholarship
- Luther and Mary Ida Vandross Scholarship Fund
- Machen, Ronald & Ethel Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- MARC ProgramĖũ ScholarshipsĖũ
- Marion E. Gibbs Endowed Scholarship
- Mass Communications ScholarshipsĖũ
- Math & Computer Science Scholarship
- Maurice and Laverne Thomason Scholarship Fund
- MBNA America ScholarshipĖũ
- McDowell Family Scholarship Fund
- Michael Ingram II Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Michael J. Feeney Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Minnie Hill Scholarship
- Mishoe Family Endowed Scholarship
- Mkombozi (Blakey) Scholarship Fund
- Molock, Guy & Inez Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- John T. Moor & Lucille Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Morrill Act Scholarship
- Laverne Mosely Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Mr. and Mrs. Chester and Ramona Hart Scholarship Endowment
- Mrs. Marstella Harvey Endowed Scholarship
- Mrs. Stell Harvey Memorial Scholarship
- Ned W. Brown Jr. Endowed Scholarship
- Norman Oliver Book Scholarship
- Olen D. Avant Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Omega Psi Phi - Psi Epsilon Chapter Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Omega Psi Phi (Arthur E. Bragg)Ėũ Endowed ScholarshĖũ
- Osher Reentry Scholarship Program Endowment
- Outten, E. Stuart Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Dorothy Parler Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Peggy Cuffee Brinkley Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Phillip E. and Deborah Scott Endowed Scholarship
- President’s Scholarship Ball Book Scholarship Account
- John R. Price Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Queens NY College Fund Scholarship
- Rebecca Twilley Gates Memorial Scholarship
- Reginald D. Harris Scholarship
- Rehoboth Beach Young People’s Assoc. Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Reverend Floreta W. Nickerson Scholarship
- Reverend Tommie L. Brown Memorial Endowed Book Scholarship
- Robert A. Young Memorial Scholarship
- Robert and Cecelia S. Vanderhost EndowedĖũ Scholarship
- Robert Michael Hassell Sr. Endowed Scholarship
- Ronald T. Neal Memorial Scholarship
- Ruth Helen Washington Scholarship Award
- R. Town Services Book Scholarship
- Andrew Saxton Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Annie Ruth Saxton Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Scholarships for International StudentsĖũ
- Annie R. Semple ScholarshipĖũ
- Shalita Middleton Memorial Scholarship
- SICO, The Foundation ScholarshipĖũ
- John Sims Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Social Work ScholarshipsĖũ
- Donald L. Steenhagen Memorial Scholarship
- STEM Scholars Award for WomenĖũĖũ
- Strada Scholarship Fund
- Student Government Association Endowed Scholarship
- Student Remembrance Memorial Scholarship - New JerseyĖũ
- Sussex County Alumni Chapter Scholarship
- Arnold & Peggy Swygert - History & Political Science ScholarshipĖũ
- Arnold & Peggy Swygert- Social Work ScholarshipĖũ
- Tanya A. Haman Memorial Scholarship
- The Dennis Farm CLT Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- The Dr. Jose and Zona Saez Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- The Draper Family Endowed Scholarship
- The Dream.US Scholarship
- The Greater Detroit Michigan Alumni Scholarship Fund
- The Groove Phi Groove Endowed Scholarship Fund
- The Hardin T. And Gladys T. Watkins Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- The Jerome H. Pinkett Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- The Joseph H. Pinkett, Sr. and Leona M. Pinkett Endowment
- The Mary J Marshal Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- The Stanley Fund Scholarships
- The Steven R. Ewing Endowed Scholarship
- The Wellington D. Swindall Book Scholarship Fund Endowed
- The Wilbert L. âBunnyâ Miller Endowed Scholarship
- Thompson Hospitality Scholarship
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund Scholarships
- Toyota Scholarship Fund
- Valerie Lyons Memorial Scholarship Award
- Edith P. Vincent Wellness ScholarshipĖũ
- Virginia & Edward Dennis Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Visual & Performing Arts ScholarshipsĖũ
- W. DeEdwin Hursey Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Elissa Walker Endowed ScholarshipĖũĖũ
- Richard Walker Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Charles Waples Scholarship in Math & Computer ScienceĖũ
- Cora E. Warren Memorial ScholarshipĖũĖũ
- Ulysses Washington ScholarshipĖũ
- Ramier Abdula Waters Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Wells Fargo Foundation Retention Scholarship
- Wilhelmina âBillieâ West Endowed Scholarship
- William C. Jason Library Book FundĖũ
- William G. Conner Endowed Scholarship
- William J. & Reverend Shirley M. Smith, Sr. End. Scholarship
- William Leo & Vera Collins Murray Memorial Scholarship
- Rev. J.H. Williams Memorial Endowed ScholarshipĖũ
- Clarence E. Wilson ScholarshipĖũ
- Floretta Nickerson Wilson Memorial ScholarshipĖũ
- Wine Psi Phi Fraternity & Beta Phi Burgundy Sorority Endowed
- Women’s Basketball ScholarshipsĖũ
- âWords Are a Creative Forceâ Memorial & Endowed Scholarships
For questions or concerns, please send an email toĖũdsufoundation [at] desu.edu.
Please note that Federal and University financial assistance is available only to U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents. Also, please be aware that scholarships, policies, guidelines, and criteria are subject to change without prior notification.
Will scholarships cover the full cost of my education at DSU?
Delaware State University is committed to making higher education accessible, as demonstrated by our reasonable tuition for in-state and out-of-state students and in our variety of scholarships, financial aid programs, and financing plans. While we strive to make a University education affordable, virtually all students will have a combination of student and family contributions and student/parent loans in addition to any grants or scholarships awarded.
I am a high school senior looking to come to kufunin the fall. May I apply for these scholarships?
The Office of Admissions offers scholarships to incoming, first-time freshmen. The Returning and Transfer Student Scholarships are only available to returning students or those students transferring to Delaware State University from other institutions.
I have applied for admission to kufunas a transfer student, but when I try to complete the application, I get an error message indicating I am not a student. Why?
Only a transfer student whose application has been accepted by the Office of Admissions may complete the scholarship application. If your application is incomplete or has not been finalized, you may not apply.
What is the user ID and password for the application?
The user ID is your Delaware State University student ID# and the password is the PIN you use to access Student Services. If you are a transfer student and do not know your student ID# or PIN, please contact the Office of Records and Registration.
The list of available scholarships does not indicate how much each is worth. How do I know which ones to select if I don’t know how much they are worth?
The scholarships come from various sources such as endowments and private donations and the award amounts are often left to the discretion of the Scholarship Committee based upon the number of applicants, availability of funds, and overall merit and financial need of the applicants. The average scholarship recipient received a total of $2,000 in 2010â11.
When should I expect to get a refund check from my scholarships?
Scholarships may only be used to cover direct educational expenses billed by the University (tuition, fees, housing, meal plans and book vouchers). All scholarship funds that exceed direct educational expenses will be reduced. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Why do I have to complete a FAFSA?
The Privately Funded scholarships and the Alumni Legacy scholarship are awarded based upon both financial need and merit. Recipients are not required to have a high need, but some amount of need is necessary. Please do not assume your financial need is not low enough! Complete the scholarship application anyway. Students with very low need may be awarded scholarships as well as those students with high need.
I have a very high GPA. Why wasn’t I awarded any scholarships?
Make sure to read all of the eligibility requirements. Remember, you must have a valid FAFSA on file with the Office of Financial Aid. If your Student Aid Report does not contain an EFC, then your FAFSA is not valid. Also, you must have some amount of financial need. Also, many scholarships have specific eligibility requirements aside from GPA that you may not meet.
Are the scholarships open to graduate students?
Scholarships are generally only available to undergraduate students unless otherwise specified in the criteria.
I am a transfer student. How will you know my GPA?
The Scholarship Committee obtains transfer student GPAs from the Office of Admissions.
I made a mistake on my application! How can I fix it?
Please review your application for accuracy before submitting it. All applications are final once they have been submitted.