Honors Program Admission
APPLICATION FOR HONORS╠řADMISSION
To apply to the Delaware State University Honors Program, you must complete the╠řmain online application,╠řand complete the Honors Program requirements described here, in full, and submit to the Honors Program address╠řbelow.
- Incoming First-Year Students: April╠ř30
- Transfer and Continuing Students:╠řPrior to 2nd semester sophomore╠řyear
- Note: Application for Honors Housing: May╠ř1
Admission into the Honors Program╠řrequires:
- Regular admission to Delaware State University without╠řconditions;
- A GPA of 3.25 or╠řhigher;
- An SAT combined score of at least 1050 in Mathematics and Critical Reading, with at least 450 in each section; OR an ACT composite score of at least 22 in Mathematics and Critical Reading;╠ř(if╠řyour SAT scores are not available, please submit an╠řadditional╠řletter of recommendation from a high school administrator (principal or guidance counselor) or a college╠řadministrator).
- Approval of the DSU Honors╠řProgram.
- Completion of the╠řmain online╠řapplication.
- Official high school and/or college╠řtranscripts.
- Two letters of recommendation from two (2) high school╠řor╠řcollege instructors. (Recommendation Form)╠ř
- A typed essay of 400 ÔÇô 600 words, explaining why you wish to be admitted into the Honors╠řProgram.
- A list of academic and extracurricular╠řachievements/awards.
Mail or email application materials to:╠ř╠řhonors [at] desu.edu
Delaware State University
William C. Jason Library, Room 228
1200 N. DuPont Highway