Digital Student Universe
What Students Will Receive
- Apple iPad Pro or SimilarÌı-10.5 inch Space Gray, 16GB, WiFi.
- MacbookÌıPro or SimilarÌı- 13-inch Macbook, 16GB Memory, 256GB SSD* (SSD sizes subject to change).
- A Protective Case - Case with kick-back stand that provides front and back protection with a built-in holder for apple pencil.
- Smart Keyboard - Easy to attach and allows you to type with your iPad as you would a laptop.
- Apple Pencil - Apple Pencil expands the power of iPad Pro and iPad (6th generation) and opens up new creative possibilities. Itâs sensitive to pressure and tilt so you can easily vary line weight, create subtle shading, and produce a wide range of artistic effects â just like a conventional pencil, but with pixel-perfect precision.
- Applecare+ - All devices covered by a 1 year manufacturer warranty. Additionally, you will receive three (3) years of & four (4) years , which also covers in the case of accidental damage. The Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard are not covered by AppleCare+. If you do experience a major damage and need to utilize AppleCare+, you will be responsible for paying the $49 damage replacement fee associated with AppleCare+ for iPads and up to $299 for AppleCare+ for Mac.
Who is eligible (New Eligibility Standards for FALL 2021)
Currently, Delaware State University will distribute iPadsÌıto all first-year students (anyone who graduated High School in May 2018 or later).
- You must be a full-time, first-time, non-transfer DSU Freshman.
- You must have completed registration.
- You must have your kufunissued identification card.
- You must be enrolled in classes.
The following concentrations receive will receive aÌıMacBook instead of an iPad:
Physics & Engineering - Computer Science - Mass Communication - Art - Music
Getting Your Device
Distribution dates will vary from semester to semester although all requirements below must be met:
- Distribution of Devices begins the 1st day after the drop add period ends.
- You must present your DSU identification.
- You must read and sign the Student Device Lease Agreement.
- Allow 30 minutes to go through your device setup and tutorial.
For issues and/or questions please contact appleadmin [at] desu.edu